Monday, April 26, 2010 | By: Reenie

A kitten named Mushroom

Today, I’d like you all to meet ‘Mushroom’.

Here is Mushroom:



She was a one month old stray kitten when my brother found her on a street of Dhaka. My brother, who has always had this soft spot for cats, could not just leave her there- so he picked her up and brought her home. All these he did despite my dad’s... umm... 'reservation' about anything ‘cat related’... (If I did not look so much like my dad, then this thing alone would have prompted me to be absolutely convinced that I was adopted).

I’m proud of my brother for holding his ground, for keeping Mushroom with him no matter what, for saving this little girl. Now, as my mother tells me- with much amazement and wonder- that Mushroom is my dad’s favourite, that dad now calls home from work to know how Mushroom is doing, that he picks Mushroom up whenever she asks him to, that Mushroom’s favourite sleeping spot is my dad’s lap.

I’m proud of my dad too, for letting his ‘cat person’ self take him over.

Seems like I would not have do go through a DNA test after all! :D

7 thoughts:

Agnes said...

Awwwww! Adorable!!!!!!

Agnes said...

Ooops where did my comment go?

Anyway, here it is again: Mushroom = Adorable. :-D

Tinker said...

She is quite a rockstar, isn't she!
I haven't met her in person yet :)

Janiss said...

I always say that if someone is not a cat person, it's because they haven't spent quality time with a cat.

Reenie said...

@ Janiss,

Oh... I absolutely agree!

Sajib said...

Hold on! On a street of Dhaka?!?!?! You're a Bangladeshi? Non-resident Bangladeshi? WOW! I couldn't even imagine that you're a Bangladeshi. I wouldn't even spot that the cat is sitting on "Shanonda" magazine if you didn't write that she was found on a street of Dhaka.

Anyway, nice to meet you. You don't have an about page, so it wasn't possible for me to know who you are and what you do. :( That wasn't good, anyway.


- Sajib.
www.aisajib.com

Reenie said...

@ Sajib,

Yup, I am :). Nice to meet you too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails