Saturday, April 24, 2010 | By: Reenie

The Right Thing



A date around the middle of this year is set...

... that is when we’ll take a plane to a land far away, a land that has seen me growing up into this complex person that I am today. There are a lot of things I would have rather avoided... like the tropical summer- humid and impossible, like the familial situation currently, like many lost friends, like how you have to be a person who is more ‘socially acceptable’ and forget who you really are, like leaving the kitten behind to a cat boarding for 3 long weeks ...

Don’t get me wrong please... I love that land still of course, it is still home in many ways- but it’s just so much easier to stay away.... but we booked our tickets as we had decided that we would, and I made a call to my dad- letting him know.

It is not until I heard his voice break and him crying in the phone, out of pure delight at the sudden news, I knew that I did the right thing- and that I’m not deluding myself in thinking how long the last four years have been for him.

2 thoughts:

Agnes said...

I am so happy for you AND for your dad.

Tinker said...

@Agnes,
I'm still very nervous and all that; but excited too.... everyone keeps telling me how much the place has changed... I just hope that in some ways it's stayed just the same..

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails