Friday, May 21, 2010 | By: Reenie

It’s always sunny in the Friday Island..!

I wake up on Fridays by the sound of the garbage collecting truck... yea, even before my alarm goes off at 5:50am (le sigh!)... because that is when the truck comes to collect in our neighbourhood... and while I agree that it is not the best way to wake up on any morning- the fact remains- that by this I’m reminded that it’s Friday...

Today I found myself waking up with a smile- even before I opened my eyes, even before the alarm went off, long before the sunlight came out- listening to the garbage bins unloading crap and red lights flashing on the truck’s rear. I know, I have been told on various occasions that I’m perpetually weird. True, I take it as a compliment, but that’s a different story. Haha!

But it’s Friday, People!! It’s the day we are clear of the week’s crap- literally and metaphorically... and start with the renewed energy... Actually, I am already in my ‘bring it on!’ mood, with a little help from the... umm... my friend, the strong cappuccino... that I seem to be addicted to...

I’m making it a big deal? No. Fridays ARE big deals! Period.

Just in the way of clarifying the confusion (if there was any)- I don’t mean to sound all that negative about my weekdays- and really they are not so bad usually either- but these days? Well, its QBR (Quarterly Business Review) time of the year; one of those times when the last place I want be in- is where I am needed the most.... and it’s so easy to fall into the trap of ‘feeling trapped’... if that makes any sense!

4 thoughts:

Agnes said...

Yay it's Friday ;-)))

Have a great weekend :-))))

Reenie said...

I did have a nice weekend, yaay!
Back to work in about 12 hours, boo!
:P

Aphrael said...

Morning, Reenie
Ugh, it's Monday already! I need a weekend to recover from the last one! Literally. I had too much on the go lately. And I blame all my online friends :)

Reenie said...

Truds!

Afternoon here, dearie... it's 3:30pm... and I'm home on a 'sickie'. You were sorely missed in my blogosphere. No, really- true.

I did read that you had a fantabulous weekend this time... now, isn't that nice!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails