Monday, May 3, 2010 | By: Reenie

Memories of the Yellow

Sometimes it’s hard to imagine how little I was once.... then I look at the evidence in form of pictures taken, and well... I’m left with no choice... :)

Here is one such picture:



This is 4 or 5 years old me, with my parents.... it’s a washed out photograph of the mid 80’s, it probably does not say much if I don’t mention that the location of this photograph is in Iraq?

Well, there you go then- the location is Mosul, a Kurdish-speaking region of Iraq where I spent the first few years of my life. My dad was in charge of making a hospital there back in that time; and mum and I had followed.

However, see the yellow light (partly attributed by the 'age' of the photograph, but still...)? This yellow light is something I keep mentioning to Crazy whenever I describe how Iraq was- all those years back- before it was devastated by the war... this yellow light is what Agnes, one of my favourite blogorettes in the www-land, imagines Middle East has....

I have not been to Iraq for more than 20 years now... but it’s good to know that I still remember the colour of sunlight reflected on her golden land...

The land of my childhood...

4 thoughts:

Agnes said...

I love that photo. And you're so right, look at the light.

I love this post, period :-)

Reenie said...

@ Agnes,

Thank you...

... and I loved the one you made that inspired this one :)

WarmSunshine said...

First things first; the template is a good one!

Iraq, ahhh, are you from Iraq? Or did you just spend some time of your childhood there? Thinking about how life would be in Iran and Iraq, I'm always reminded of the movie 'Children of Heaven' :)

Photographs are a treasure! :)

Reenie said...

@ Mehreen,

No, not from Iraq. But I was there for the first 6 years of my life. I remember some, and some my parents remind me. I mostly remember it from my parent's eyes. I was too young for anything else :).

Thank you darling. I quite liked this template too- the bold red headings on pale grey, that took me in!

Childen of Heaven? Gotta read that book, it seems :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails