Thursday, May 20, 2010 | By: Reenie

Peace, Freedom and Zombies...

Do you see how there is a clash between religion and freedom of speech? I mean- you must see it, too- right? Well... I do.

Do you see how the religious zealots claim they’ll ‘kill me' if I say anything that is in disagreement with their god... and they say it in a way that’s it’s a completely okay/ virtuous thing to do? Like there is some sort of an irrefutable decree sanctioned to them, like human life is worthless, like everyone’s morality exists only if they follow that order and not the one they know in their own hearts as right....?

Yea, I see it all too well; and you know what- it annoys the hell out of me!

We are different from each other, each one of us- you are not me and I am not you. Is it so hard to take the differences and just move on? Is it really so hard to live your life as you please and letting me live as I do? Apparently, it is!

I’m a little annoyed at the moment... okay more than just a little, and I think I’m entitled to it, too- I do not do well with suppression of any kind- be it based on gender, religion, freedom of speech or freedom of choice.

Funny as it may sound and tempting as it is- I’m at least only just writing about the annoyance and not picking up the gun and to murder a fellow human on the account of his mindless, feverish, brainwashed disagreements with me? In this era of violence and bloodshed, this must count for something!

2 thoughts:

Agnes said...

A new template again! Nice :-)

Religion is a personal matter, I think.

Reenie said...

Yes, I can't seem to make up my mind about which template I want to settle with. Crazy is right, I guess, in calling me flakey! Haha... Liking this one so far, suits me :).

I agree religion is a personal matter. Actually that is the reason I was so annoyed! I guess I just want my freedom to hold my own opinions.

Waiting for your post with details of your Iowa adventures, btw :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails