Wednesday, June 9, 2010 | By: Reenie

... it’s raining on the roof from where I could see the runway in my other life

It is no secret how those with surnames typical to a particular faith are treated in airports all around the world (or is it not THAT widely known really?)... and while my surname is religion-ambiguous, Crazy’s is not; while my passport is from the ‘secular’ Bangladesh where terrorism is brewing, Crazy’s is from the ‘Islamic’ Pakistan where terrorism is at large... ever wondered why I am not a fan of airports?

[... and no, we do not have the same surname. I never took his, just as he never took mine. What? I do not even consider it a rebellion; to me it is only a ‘basic’ level of fair!]

It matters very little that both of us have rejected any form religion and chosen the path of rational humanism or that we condemn terrorism in any form. It does not make a difference- because after all hostility does not allow room for reason or logic, and it is ‘prudent’ to practice ‘caution’ for the ‘greater good’...

...blah.. blah.. and blah!

There is more than one reason why I want this whole world to be ONE BIG COUNTRY where religion is a personal matter (by which I mean- no preaching, no blowing the ‘infidels’ up, no discrimination, simply peace, simply live-and-let-live), and not one person cares about the others’ faith situation. Don’t you think this world would be a much better place that way...?

... and as a bonus- airports would be a place that I, just another peace-loving member of the world, too would ‘enjoy’...?

4 thoughts:

WarmSunshine said...

Lovely thoughts to share Reenie. And who did the sketch? You?

The Vegetable Assassin said...

YES I DO. Down with organized religions! But good luck at the airport! They're trying enough for anyone but I'm sure for Islamic people's they're a nightmare. Soon though you'll be home, making your relatives ecstatic. :)

Reenie said...

@ Mehreen,
Thank you :). And no, a friend did and I used it. He wishes to stay anonymous, hence no credit :)

Reenie said...

@ Veggie,

Enough about me, now let's talk about you... I think you should do a calendar with the 12 van paintings! You are getting more awesome with your work everyday now!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails