Wednesday, June 30, 2010 | By: Reenie

The 'journey' has now begun...

9063 kilometres, a rather turbulent flight and two exhausting days later- I am finally in Dhaka; and after my interesting day yesterday- last night, I slept like there is no tomorrow.

Now I am up to a hot and humid Dhaka morning... craving a cup of nice and warm tea and yet not getting out of this room and cherishing some time of my own. It is not something you get much in these parts of the world; there is an odd lack of privacy.

Things I have noticed in my first day here is that my parents are older, Dhaka is busier and every time I am out in the roads I am amazed that the traffic is ever ‘crazier’ than I remember!

The mangoes, though, are another story... and the food; in a typical Aussie expression, I’ll just say that they are just UNREAL, maties, UNREAL. Oh, they are wonderful!

Anyway, enough for now- my friends. I am now about to get out to the daily hustle bustles of life in the East in exchange for a cup of tea. I did claim it sometimes that I am rather easy to please, didn’t I? Well, just sometimes :)

More later, my dear readers. Meanwhile YOU make sure you break a leg... not literally of course :).

6 thoughts:

Agnes said...

Oh you're there!! Yay and keep posting girl this is so exciting :-)

Kea said...

Hurrah for making it safe and sound. Boy, I'd want drugs--serious drugs--to fly 9000+ kms!

Have fun!

The (un)Common Woman said...

:) nice. have fun!

WarmSunshine said...

must be great to see your parents after a while :)

have fun!

candlelight soldier said...

what do you do,reenie?..a business executive of a big big company?..

Reenie said...

@candlelight,

Hmm.. yea.. But it does sound more glamourous than it is, when spelt out, trust me.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails