Sunday, June 6, 2010 | By: Reenie

You're out of luck and the reason that you had to care- the traffic is stuck and you're not moving anywhere...*

You have been away for many months; most days I do not even notice it anymore. I stopped going to your Facebook page a long time now....

I know that it is a part of the process in your drug addiction rehabilitation program; you need to cut the ties with the whole outer world. I know and I’m practical enough to understand it too; but it is on days like this when my sinusitis is playing a havoc on me, when there is this glass-like winter sunlight in abundance and when many people who has no idea where you are- are sending you Facebook messages... I realize with a longing in my heart that it’s been a while that I spoke to you.... and that I miss you.

I miss you, my friend.... and yet I do not write on your wall. What’s the point, I know you are not there really. You have not been there for a long time now- from even before you decided to sign in to a 'rehab' to ‘get clean’. It has been a long time... and surely it took me a long time to miss you, but I do miss you today.

... I miss you; not from your recent past.... but from many many years back before drugs took you away- when you used to be my friend.

[*The title is from the lyrics of U2’s Beautiful Day. Love the song...]

3 thoughts:

WarmSunshine said...

*hugs*
i hope ur frnd gets in touch with u soon! :)

new template i notice... nice :)

Reenie said...

@ Mehreen,

Not exactly a new template- but tweaking with fonts of the same old one. I know a thousand unproductive ways to spend my weekend. LOL!

And, thanks hun :)

WarmSunshine said...

oops, i commented from my old profile again.... here's from the one i use now :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails