Tuesday, July 20, 2010 | By: Reenie

'Home'

After 19 days of Dhaka sandwiched between two days in the air, I am back home... to a sick little kitten, a semi-messy house and an empty fridge.

There are a lot of things to be done, lots to fix: getting the kitten better, for one; buying food stuff, for another; seeing a shrink, for yet another...

I’m taking it slow. I’m owning things up yet again.

This little house of mine is still my home, food in the fridge or not; because it is where the sick little kitten is sleeping on my lap and it is where its past mid-day while I am still in my pajamas...

It’s good to be home, I just hope my little kitten gets better soon.

PS: I thank you all for reading and commenting to my entries even when I wasn’t able to reciprocate. I, too, hope to catch up with all of you in no time! Promise :)

8 thoughts:

Me-Era* said...

Its always good to be home. :)

Get well soon Kitty. :)

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful photo...I hope Sherkhan gets well soon, sending postive energy it isn't anything serious...It's funny how you sometimes need a vacation once you are home from the vacation!...It's always so great to get home=I hope your trip was everything you needed it to be, looking forward to your updates...Take care and best of luck with Sherkhan's recovery...Sending love and big hugs to you both!

WarmSunshine said...

This post was such a beauty. I'm looking for a home too. Glad to see someone's back to their home. I wish you all the best!

Kea said...

Welcome back! Sherkhan is sick? What's wrong? Just a kitty cold or something else? Lots of purrs to him that he's better soon!

BTW, this line cracked me up (oops, no pun intended):

There are a lot of things to be done...seeing a shrink, for yet another...

Yeah, family/parental visits will do that to you. :-D

Reenie said...

@ Kea & Jacqueline:

Sherkhan has cat flu, breaking my heart with each of those kitty sneezes and coughs :(

Poor baby.

Reenie said...

@ Jacqueline,

Thank you, honey. Your kind email stayed in my head when I took that flight. It meant a lot, can never thank you enough for that.


@ Mehreen,

Thanks hun :)


@ Kea,

Oh yea, tell me about it. Haha!! Glad to have been able to crack you up ;).


@ Meera,

Always always always :)

The Vegetable Assassin said...

Poor Kitten!!!!

I bet he is thrilled mama's home though. Maybe he was pining for you and let down his defenses? Poor baby. It's so sad when they're all sneezy. I bet you were delighted to see HIM! That's the sucky thing about cat kennels and hotels, one kitty gets a cold they all get a cold. Like kids! Get well Sherkhan!

Reenie said...

Thank you, Veggie :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails