Thursday, August 5, 2010 | By: Reenie

Eleven: the tale of two 1’s

It was many years back that we met for the first time. I remember it well... he was sitting in our college cafeteria- longish black hair and a kind of aloofness about him- like a guy who does not give a damn; there is a raw masculinity about him that sort of drew me in- but I did not ponder on it much- I had a lecture to attend after all and well, I was sort of ‘boring’.

He did not talk much, all he did was a little nod when a mutual friend introduced us to each other. I was coming from ‘English’ and going to ‘Economics’... hence I hurried off, left him there with the group... I noticed the close friend of mine who was in ‘English’ with me almost hyperventilating at his ‘good looks’. Hmm... Interesting!

... and when I did look back, I saw him stealing a glance... so I wasn’t imagining it, he was looking at me. Très Interesting!

The walk from English to Economics was a small one... but the journey had already started. 11 years down the line, I now know that he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Somewhere along the line I came to know that the ‘aloofness’ about him is a facade... that he is loving, loyal and unique- and that he cared for me. Yes, me... he could have many others and yet he chose me.

He chose to ‘fix’ me... The person that I am today is a much improved version of who I was 11 years back. I call him Crazy, because who- in his right mind- will take so much trouble otherwise? But I’m glad he did though. 11 years after- I am so used to the silly jokes, the twisted sense of humour, that arched smile, those dancing eyes- I’m glad he exists. I’m glad for the sanity check and the way he makes me believe that even on my darkest days, life is worth living; and that even with my childhood issues and insanity, I am fixable; that ‘future’ is vastly in my hands.

‘Thank you’ did not seem enough, so I gave him my heart instead- while I was securely holding his... and 11 years passed in a blink.

PS: Care sharing YOUR story with me? I am ‘very’ interested.

11 thoughts:

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations, Reenie, you guys are very lucky to have found each other and to realize what you have while you have it!...Wishing you a lifetime of love together!...I'm still waiting on my love story to find me!

Jacqueline said...

...Cherishing what you have is so important...xoxo.

Me-Era* said...

Wow :) Just wow. And yeah, LUCKY YOU! :)

Agnes said...

Awwww I am so happy for you :-)

Kea said...

That's a truly lovely post, Reenie. Congratulations!

It almost--almost--makes be believe in real and abiding love, in lifemates.

The Vegetable Assassin said...

Happy anniversary, Miss Mo! You put things so eloquently. And may I suggest, Mr. Crazy is ALSO lucky to have YOU?

Reenie said...

Thank you, everyone. You all rock!

@Veggie, thank you. The anniversary was on the 30th of July; but as usual my mind went blank when I tried to make a post that day :).

WarmSunshine said...

Sweet, sweet to the core.... just "wow"... I'm so happy for you!! :)

This brought a smile to me...

Don't forget to take a look at a dedication you're entitled to :)

@ http://the-perfect-line.blogspot.com/2010/08/100-different-reflections.html

Nadia_Rahman said...

This brought a smile to my face. Wish you guys many more years of love and happiness.

--Nadia

Rida said...

my god, wow, eto valo laglo porey tomar diary...wish you allm te best and continued happiness :)::))

Reenie said...

@ Nads and Pritz,

Thank you darlings :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails