Wednesday, August 18, 2010 | By: Reenie

Here and Now

They tell me that he is going back home and my heart skipped a beat...

... because unlike many others that I left behind, he is someone I do care for. He is... say- someone I grew up with, someone I share a considerable percentage of DNA with, someone from those dark times of my life, someone I can relate to only when he is trying to get clean- while he is in a rehab perhaps; someone- despite whose irresponsible and erratic bouts of temper tantrums- I love... someone I prefer to have a physical distance with and yet it makes me feel exceptionally guilty when I do...

Yes, ‘that someone’ is going home, this coming Sunday, from a drug addiction rehabilitation center- starting afresh; a second take on life. My heart did skip a beat; and then- I forced myself to tear my mind away from it all...

Here- however- thousands of miles away from where all this is happening, this coming Sunday is a day I am catching up with some friends from my new life- those that I have not seen awhile... so, I force myself to focus on this easy little happy fact- because, you see- for me- the process of ‘starting afresh’ began many years back... and, through all these years of my being, life has taught me a a few things about 'expectations', ‘hope’, ‘disappointments’ and 'survival'.
Related Posts with Thumbnails