Thursday, August 12, 2010 | By: Reenie

Salt water and Sea foams...

You know who those white ocean foams remind me of? Little Mermaid... remember how she turned into ocean foams when the charming prince that she had fallen in love with did not love her back? I always thought that ‘The Little Mermaid’ is a beautiful story... Yes- a sad one perhaps, but beautiful nonetheless...

... It still is my second-most favourite fairy tale of all time. Can anyone guess which one would be my ‘most favourite’? Also, would you agree with me if I said that most fairy tales, under their veils of childlike simplicity has much deeper messages of wisdom tucked away somewhere?

... oh, and while we are at it, would you tell me what your most favourite fairy tale is?

14 thoughts:

Kea said...

The Cinderella story always has appeal, though I prefer the movie version featuring Drew Barrymore wherein *she* saves the prince...and herself. :-)

Beauty and the Beast probably is my favourite, though it's been so many years since I've thought of fairy tales in general that I've forgotten about many.

Reenie said...

@ Kea,

I like Cinderella too. I always thought that in many ways Cinderella's life resembles with mine- the beginning, the end, the evil sisters...

Hahaha! Please don't mind me, I ramble :)

Me-Era* said...

Nothing beats Cinderella, I feel. I used to watch Little Mermaid too. Its nice. :)

And yes lot to learn from fairy tales too!

♪♪HARINI♪♪ said...

I love the little mermaid! :)
And yeah fairy tales do have a deeper meaning thinking of them now.

Jacqueline said...

I think many stories, including fairy tales, have deeper meaning than what's on the surface...Beauty and The Beast has a great message; I never saw The Little Mermaid...Have a great day, Reenie and kiss Sherkhan for me!

Agnes said...

OK, my guess is.....

.... The Little Match Girl?

.... The Steadfast Tin Soldier?

Personally, I LOVE Arabian Nights (One Thousand and One Nights).

Reenie said...

@ Meera,

I have never 'watched' Little Mermaid. I just read the original short story by HCA :)

Cinderella is nice. It is one of those fairy tales with happy endings... most of my most favourite ones have bittersweet or sad endings...

Interesting...

Reenie said...

@ Harini and Jacqueline,

Thank you darlings... and Harini, nice meeting you :)


@ Agnes,

I had completely forgotten about Little Match Girl!!... I used to cry rivers reading it when I was a very young girl... love Steadfast Tin Soldier, too...

My most favourite, however, is The Nightingale... by Oscar Wilde- I think. It is so so sad, but oh so beautiful... at least in my opinion :)

I loved many stories from Arabian Nights too... not Alibaba, I found it morally wrong, haha... but always loved Aladdin.

candlelight soldier said...

my favourite is a little different, and most people wouldnt wanna accept it..

Reenie said...

@ Candle,

Even if that is the case, who cares? :)

One should always be honest to oneself, regardless of what 'most people' think :)

Life with Kaishon said...

I think Cinderella is my favorite of all. I love a happy ending.

Reenie said...

@ LwK,

I like happy endings too... but it's more the depth of a story that touches me more... :)

Huffle Mawson said...

I was never really into fairy tales but I always like Rumplestiltskin.

Reenie said...

@ Huffle,

Had forgotten about Rumpelstiltskin too! What a stupid little manikin, haha!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails