Tuesday, October 19, 2010 | By: Reenie

I run off where the drifts get deeper; Sleeping Beauty trips me with a frown...

I decided a manicure-pedicure will be a good idea for today... so I did a ‘walk-in’ to the nearest ‘nails parlour’ right after work. I was right, it was a good idea indeed. It was 1.5 hours of pure indulgence and I came out feeling very pleased with myself... getting my nails done ‘lifts me up’ somehow.

The only thing I want to complain about are those pedicure slippers. Have you noticed how ugly fashion-challenged they are?! I was given two choices- hot pink or fluorescent green. I don’t like pink, but I like fluorescent green (or anything fluorescent) even less... besides, as if a sensible colour will make these ‘slop-flops’ any less silly...! Ha!

I chose pink... there wasn’t much choice there anyway. I just put them on and waited in the open lobby for Crazy to come pick me up- reading from my Kindle and sporting the silly pink slipper (eeek!)... once I looked up and saw a guy wink at me. I could only manage a very sheepish smile back...

Oh well, must be the charm of my newly-done nails ;). Yup, I will keep telling myself that- thankyouverymuch!

On a semi-random note, a question- How about you? Is there any colour that you feel 'not you'?

[Title Credit: Winter by Tori Amos]
Related Posts with Thumbnails