Sunday, October 17, 2010 | By: Reenie

The Opposite of ‘Awake’ and ‘Alert’

If- in the last week- it took me a minute too long to come up with an equation; or to remember if I had dinner, your name, my home phone number; or to take my credit card back after paying for something (seafood dinner from Red Rooster, yup!); or to generally ‘concentrate’ on anything at all...

... I pledge ‘not guilty’ and condemn the hayfever for it ALL. You have to agree that allergies can impair your brain that way, right? I can blame the medicine (I took Zyrtec) too, if you like... I mean, have a look at what the website says:

Zyrtec can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.

Hmm. I know of something that does not require me to be awake- SLEEP! Heh! And ‘alert’? Ha! I don’t really have a choice here, do I? Have you ever heard of an ‘alert’ hayfever-er? No, right? Me neither.

Anyway- before I forget what I was saying and start talking about... umm... shoes- ‘not guilty; and I now rest my case'.

Important Notice: If you live in Melbourne and thinking about adopting a cat, please consider adopting from here. This cat shelter needs to relocate and the cats need new forever homes... like... right now.

[Art Credit: My dear friend, M-Mono]
Related Posts with Thumbnails