Sunday, November 28, 2010 | By: Reenie

December

I love December.

... even when I am anticipating a busy couple of weeks with Christmas parties, birthdays and life in general... I love it nonetheless because it brings me a 10-day-break... 10 days of freedom. Very few things can beat that- won’t you agree? :)

This weekend is a lazy one- it’s a cold and rainy Sunday- with Crazy and Sher sleeping in till late (it’s 11am) and I just curled up in the sofa watching the rain from the window and enjoying the sounds of my quiet house with a super-warm coffee mug...

Only that it’s not coffee, it’s masala chai- albeit the pre-packed, too-sweet ones... but today is the kind of a day when a masala chai feels the best... and I feel way too lazy to make one from the scratch.

... and you know what else feels right on a day like today?

Homemade spaghetti with buttered mushrooms, tomatoes and light cream...!

... and that is what’s cooking on my stove. Did I ever tell you that I find cooking therapeutic? Well, I do. I don’t feel like it always, but I enjoy it when I do.

... and I would not have known any better welcome to December on this last November weekend than chilling in with a warm mug of masala chai and a quiet house smelling of butter, cream, mushroom and spaghetti... :)

My life, at this moment, is good. Hope yours is too. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails