Sunday, January 9, 2011 | By: Reenie

The Home (52P # 2)

"Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration.” - Charles Dickens





Once I step in through that door- there is a world of familiarity waiting for me- sometimes in form the carefully selected air freshener [magnolia, mmm…], or that soft fluffy cat or that simple painting hanging on the wall [the rickshaw painting that I got from Dhaka].

This is that place on Earth where Dark Blue and rich Sea Green dominates; well... because this is my world... and I choose it's colours, and I chose Blue- the deep, dark ones- like the ones you get at the surface of the deepest part of an ocean :)...

I give her her colours, her fragrance, her life- in return she gives me the place that is like no other: my home, my first-ever home. It is a very special place for me; because after all.... it is not every place on Earth that you can fill in with bits and pieces of yourself and call home! 


This post is a part of the 52 Photos Challenge. If you’d like to join in- go on and link up... !



Related Posts with Thumbnails