Sunday, September 4, 2011 | By: Reenie

.... of Meows and Purrs

When my coworker heard about Sher’s past history of pancreatitis- the first response I got from her is- ‘Don’t be cruel to him, Reenie, put him down’.

What a terrible thing to say…

… specially given that Sher is a rather healthy kitten now- the pancreatitis has not been back for about a year (*touchwood*) and he has never been happier…and this is precisely what I was telling her.

… and to suggest that I am being ‘cruel’ to my Sher- guess that was pretty insensitive too.

I’m finding it hard to say it right now- but the said coworker is actually a nice person… she bakes cakes on everyone’s birthdays, she remembers little details about you, she is the mommy of the department… but that one thing she said to me is all that I hear when I see her these days.

‘… put him down’…

… what a terrible… terrible thing to say.

Maybe there will be a day when I will be able to forgive her for her one insensitive advise, I just know that day is not todayor tomorrow... or any day in the near future.

Please have a look at the photograph- my Sher is watching birdies from the open door- healthy and happyHow can someone even suggest ‘putting him down’?!
Related Posts with Thumbnails